Go to the Github for release notes and download links!
With this new "weekly" build of Plover, we hope to start a trend of rapid releases. We'll try to push a new weekly every time there's a new feature, so you might see weekly builds on a daily or biweekly basis, depending on how much actual development gets done. One thing is for sure, though: We won't wait another 2 years (!!!) before getting improvements into your hands. This is a "pre-release", not quite a version 3.0.0 just yet. We want to have the brave among you try it out and let us know if anything broke in a major way.
- New icon and overhauled GUI
- Full Unicode support
- New lookup window
- New Suggestions window
- Undo buffer now defaults to 100
- Delete words on empty buffer
- New dictionary editor
- "Add Translation" Transparency
- Repeat last stroke
- Uppercase next word
- GUI for remapping keyboard layout
- Better portable mode
- Add multiple dictionaries at once
- New output modes (Caps, Title, Snake, Camel, and Custom)
- 20,000 entries added to default dictionary
- Default dictionary restructuring (Main, Commands, and User)
- Keystrokes suppressed instead of backspaced in Linux
- Retrospective capitalize, uppercase, lowercase, toggle asterisk, insert space, and delete space, and currency formatting
Go to the Github for all the details! Then download the new version and tell us what you think! The official release of Plover 3.0 is right around the corner! Help us make it go as smoothly and quickly as possible by reporting any bugs you run across.
Infinite thanks again to Ted, Benoit, and all our other amazing developers. I've been running a version of Plover with several of these features since last Fall, and it's been fantastic to have them, but I can't wait to get my hands on the newest version.