Plover has its first stable release in over 2 years today.
So much work and love went into this, and we're looking forward to much more frequent releases in the future. Read on below for changes, fun facts, install instructions, and download links.
The community has been testing Ted and Benoit's weeklies for months now with excellent results, and the current state of Plover is finally stable and feature-rich enough to be deemed officially release-worthy!!
To start with, we've gotten a badly needed refresh of the Plover homepage.
The new release is pretty close to the latest weekly, but if you've been stuck on Plover 2.5.8 and waiting for an official release to switch over, you've got a wondrous store of features waiting for you, such as:
- Suggestions Window
- Lookup Window
- Dictionary Editor
- Finer Grained Translation Control
- Title/Lower/Camel/Snake Output Modes
- Media Key Support
Dictionary improvements, bugfixes, a new icon, and much, much more. I've been using the weeklies for ages now, and I can hardly remember what life was like before all these new features. Plover is SO MUCH BETTER now.
The previous release, Plover v2.5.8:
- Was released over 840 days ago.
- Was downloaded over 23,000 times.
This release, Plover v3.0:
- Adds 578 commits.
- Has received help from over 20 contributors.
Infinite thanks go to:
- @morinted, for tirelessly spearheading this entire project
- Our developer emeritus, @balshetzer
- @mighele for the dictionary editor, retrospective strokes, spaces-after output
- @balthamos for the suggestions window
- @rbrewer123 for fixes
- @jeremy-w for translation transparency, documentation, contributing.md, PR and issue templates
- @avalai for the new Plover icon and help with the homepage layout
- @Benoit-Pierre for doing so much work to make Plover better at its core, countless bug fixes, internal refactoring, new features, and great code reviews, literally hundreds of commits!
- ...and all the other developers and users who submitted PRs and took part in issue discussion.
Go get Plover 3.0 now!